At Kitchener East Family Dental, our experienced dentistry team is proud to serve our community with high-quality dental care to help people of all ages build a strong foundation for oral health. To maximize the effects of our comprehensive teeth cleaning services, we recommend that everyone in your family comes to see us at least twice a year.
The Importance of Bi-Annual Dental Examinations
Taking the time to make an appointment with a Kitchener dentist is crucial for your well-being. In fact, we encourage our clients to consider their twice annual dental checkup as a great investment. Because a dental checkup can save you time, money, and stress down the line! Getting a regular checkup from our dentist in Kitchener helps ensure your teeth stay healthy. If any early warning signs of a disease are detected, our dental team can initiate treatment as soon as possible, thus helping you avoid the stress and costs associated with advanced gum and tooth disease.
Regular dental exams for children are especially important. Our Kitchener dentist staff can ensure your children's teeth are growing in normally, refer you to other specialists as necessary (such as orthodontists), and ensure that your child is developing healthy oral hygiene routines at a young age.
What to Expect At Your Next Dental Check Up With Our Dentists in Kitchener
- First, expect to be treated with compassion and respect. We're happy to see you, and we'll do everything we can to make sure you and your family feel welcome!
- You or your loved one will be placed in a comfortable dentist chair. We'll explain to you all the procedures performed during a typical dental checkup, including a thorough physical examination of teeth, gums, tongue, jaw, and neck.
- Our dental hygienists and/or Kitchener dentist will carefully inspect your mouth for cavities and plaque using a small pick instrument and dental mirror. We'll also test the depth and health of your gums.
- We may decide to take X-rays of your mouth to ensure the proper growth and development of your gums, teeth, and jaw bones. Depending on your unique health history and oral health, we may also recommend an oral cancer screening or a more detailed periodontal inspection.
- Following the comprehensive inspection and examination, one of our dental hygienists will perform thorough teeth cleaning, complete with teeth polishing, tartar removal, and fluoride treatment. We advise you to get your teeth professionally cleaned twice a year to protect your teeth from tooth decay and prevent cavities.
- Lastly, our team will take the time necessary to answer any of your questions and provide you with clear follow-up instructions, including how to care for your teeth at home. In general, we recommend brushing your teeth 3 times per day and flossing once per day. We'll be sure to send you home with some oral health goodies and techniques to make sure everyone in your family has healthy and gorgeous smiles!
Contact Our Kitchener Dentist Team Today for More Information!
To schedule your next dental checkup, contact our Kitchener dentist team today at (519) 578-2419, or make an appointment online. Be sure to ask us about our current special offer for first-time clients: a FREE in-office teeth whitening procedure with your initial exam!